Thursday 2 February 2012

The Men They Couldn't Hang


Back in the mid 1980s I had a flirtation with "The Men They Couldn't Hang" more than likely because they would have been getting some nighttime airplay on Radio 1. In particular it was the single "Ironmasters" that inspired me to go out and get their debut album "Night Of A Thousand Candles".


The other amazing single from that debut album in fact the debut single was "The Green Fields of France".


I never followed up my initial interest in the band for some unknown reason. However recently they played The Gathering in North Wales supporting Mike Peters and The Alarm, and it gave me a welcome opportunity to reacquaint myself with the band. It was an absolute blinding set and over all too quickly, and I would highly recommend them. I hope to catch them live in their own right sometime soon.


1 comment:

  1. I love the artwork on the album cover! Very cool! We might see that as a photography assignment i feel!! :)

    ReplyDelete