Saturday 18 June 2011

Ash


My decision to include Ash is based on hearing "Dare To Dream" on BBC 6 Music. What a glorious tune and kind of reacquainted me with the band. I bought a number of singles back in the day starting with the classic indie guitar driven pop anthem "Girl From Mars" in 1995. The single "Sometimes" has probably been my favourite track until recently. The A to Z single series which saw the band release a single every two weeks over a 52 week period 2009/10 is a fantastic collection of singles with just brilliant song after brilliant song, which brings me back to "Dare To Dream". It has wondefully rich guitar sounds complemented by a brilliant vocal and worth a place in anyone's record collection he says using a somewhat dated term showing his age!


No comments:

Post a Comment