Wednesday 25 April 2012

The Soundtrack of Our Lives


Discovering music happens in so many different ways. Swedish band The Soundtrack of Our Lives were literally given to me by a very good friend. He lent me their album "Behind The Music", which completely blew me away remaining one of my favourite all time albums, and I have never looked back.


Unfortunately for me their UK live appearances are rare, but on their last visit promoting the "Communion" album I got to see them at Bush Hall in London. I was expecting great things and it was without doubt one of the best live shows I have ever seen.

Their most recent album "Throw It To The Universe" released in April 2012 is classic T.S.O.O.L. Other great albums by the band include "Welcome to the Infant Freebase", "Origins Vol 1" and "Communion". The "Golden Greats No 1" compilation album is a great introduction to the band's work.


September 13th 2012 saw the band play their last ever UK show at Heaven in London (see video below). It was another live masterpiece, and absolutely tragic that it sees the curtain being drawn on a wonderful career. Roll on the reunion shows! :)


And to think I could so easily have missed out on this band completely...

2 comments:

  1. And another friend you know introduced you to The Charlatans! You have the best friends! *wink* :)

    ReplyDelete